About Me

Follow my travels and get insight from behind the scenes as I work my 6 month contract as a Guest Service representative onboard a cruise ship.

Thursday 17 November 2011

Day 38: Cozumel, Mexico… Finally!!


November 18, 2011 01:25

Ok, so for as crappy as yesterday it only made today that much better.

After a nice easy four hours on the desk to start the day we were off at 11 and we didn't start again until 5 which gave us more than enough time to enjoy our time in Mexico. We kept it simple today and just stayed local. We had heard from the other shift that this place Margaritaville had everything we were looking for: food, drinks, swimming and wifi. When you work in this industry that's like the perfect combination so we headed straight for there.

After some delicious margaritas and awesome fajitas, Tina, Patrick, and I grabbed our snorkels, borrowed some flippers and made our way into the sea. The great bit of all this was we literally just had to walk a few feet from our table and hop into the water off their pier, so convenient.

The water was SO clear. Buying a mask/snorkle the last time I was in Fort Lauderdale is already the best decision I've made yet. At times it was easily 30 ft deep and you could see clear to the bottom. There were fish everywhere. At one point a whole school of 4" ones were circling me, at another I was swimming with a school of 6" blue ones. Some of the guys we saw a lot of were about a foot plus in length and were coming close enough to touch. Some of the cooler things I found out there was the fuselage of a couple air planes. Around these I spotted a big anemone, a star fish the size of a dinner plate, a flat fish, and a sting ray. I'd say the highlight tho was when we saw a puffer fish shoot out underneath us. It went and hid in some rocks for a while and when we swam down you could see all the spines along it's side and on top of that it had these incredible bright blue eyes. Very very cool.

Work after my time off was business as usual but was almost extra lame simply due to the fact of what I was doing only hours before. Once my shift was over my day went back to being awesome tho. As part of ShipRocked, Hinder was playing in our theatre tonight and they brought all that they had. Like most people the only song of theirs I knew was "Lips of an Angle" but the whole gig rocked and when they finally played "Lips of an Angel" the place went crazy and everyone sang along.

So that was my day in a nutshell. Prob my best day so far and come to think of it, the shell's came right off my eggs… I've said it once, and I'll say it again… The eggs don't lie.

Ciao!
Hinder

View from the pier.

Where we spent our afternoon. :)

1 comment:

  1. I guess your next purchase is going to be an underwater camera!

    ReplyDelete