About Me

Follow my travels and get insight from behind the scenes as I work my 6 month contract as a Guest Service representative onboard a cruise ship.

Tuesday 1 November 2011

Days 21 & 22: Sea Day and Fort Lauderdale, FLORIDA!!!

November 1, 2011 15:45

Currently I'm standing at the bow of the ship in Fort Lauderdale, FLORIDA!!! I see palm trees, blue sky, and yachts. Now this is what I'm talking about.

When we left NYC 3 it was right about freezing and snowing. 3 days later I'm wearing a T-shirt, shorts, and flip flops and it's 25C. Life is good friends. Life is good.

Only minor snag in all this is due to a lack of proper information from US customs I'm a prisoner onboard as I don't have an I95 form and my US passport isn't here yet. Minor details, we'll be here tons of times over the next few months. It'll all be sorted by the time we're back here on the 10th anyway. And besides, look when I am right now! How could I be anything but happy?

Halloween came and went yesterday as nothing more than a hiccup. There was no party for the crew but the ship did a good job of putting one on for the guests at least. Easily my least extravagant Halloween but then again nothing will even match the Anchorman year.

Tonight we set sail for Columbia. From here on out every day is going to be a true adventure. After Columbia we got to Panama, Costa Rica, and Mexico before heading back to Florida to start the next round.

2 comments:

  1. Does my heart good to know you're enjoying this so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were on a boat with your flippy flops on!!!

    I-95 or I-94? I had an I-20 and an I-94 to be a student. I-20 being the 6 pages of paperwork I had to get signed every semeser, and the I-94 being the little card attached to it. How come you can't get in with your Canadian passport? I didn't even know you were dual until I read your Halifax post.

    Glad things are continuing to go well!

    ReplyDelete