About Me

Follow my travels and get insight from behind the scenes as I work my 6 month contract as a Guest Service representative onboard a cruise ship.

Saturday 22 October 2011

Day 11: Newport, Rhode Island


Oct 21, 23:15
Well today was completely ballistic.

Before I get to that however it's worth mentioning that I've stopped taking sea sick pills and I've been completely fine! The seas have been totally crazy too so I guess that means that I've already got my sea legs!

Ok, so back to today.  The sea's were nutty this morning as we pulled into Newport.  We arrived on time but it took us an hour before we were able to begin tendering and then it was extremely slow going once we started.  As a result we had hundreds of people in the lobby milling about. Add that to the many many people who came to give us a piece of their minds as well as those who called down PLUS it's disembarkation tomorrow so we were filled to the gills with questions, complaints, compliments, and concerns.   Overall it was just nuts and I'm pooped.

Tomorrow we hit NYC and I should have time to venture out in the morning before I work 11 hours; barf.  I start at 12 tomorrow, have a one hour break from 6 til 7 then finish up at 12. The silver lining in all of this is everyone is happy on the first day and I'll have the chance to start as many of them as possible on the right path for their vacation.

No pictures today as I didn't see the light of day except through a window for about 2 mins. Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. You make me nervous when you brag about not getting seasick! I hope it doesn't sneak up on you at some point. OMG, I sound way too pessimistic! I'm sure you'll be fine! :-)

    ReplyDelete