About Me

Follow my travels and get insight from behind the scenes as I work my 6 month contract as a Guest Service representative onboard a cruise ship.

Thursday 27 October 2011

Day 17: Boston, MA (Aquarium day!)

Oct 27, 23:13
Glad you all enjoyed my first edition of QnA yesterday. Keep the questions coming. I've got two sea days next week as we head down south and am def going to need some questions to answer to help me survive those days.

I woke up today to a cold and rainy day in in Boston. I had to be at work for 12:45 and couldn't get off the boat, or ship, whatever, until just before 10 so I didn't have a ton of time but I had already decided I was going to the aquarium today so dammit, I went to the aquarium.

I've been to the New England Aquarium a handful of times over the years and have always loved it there. This was the first time I'd ever gone alone however which actually worked out pretty good. Had I had another one or two people with me I likely wouldn't have been able to get around town and the whole aquarium in the time I had.

As soon as you walk into the aquarium you're instantly greeted by the squawking of the penguins that live in center of the aquarium as their main attraction. The center of the aquarium is made up of a giant, 4 story tank with a winding walkway going up the entire tank. It's cool because as you reach the different different depths you come across different habitats and different varieties of sea life. The tank is home to sharks, sea turtles, sting rays, little fish, big fish, pretty fish, ugly fish and a big ass moray eel. Every time I've been there it's like where's Waldo with the moray. As I began walking around the tank I started looking for the eel. I came around the corner and it was right up against the glass! I was 2 inches from it and I can safely say that if I was ever that close to one of these guys in the wild, well let's just say the feces to water ratio would increase dramatically. Haha gross.

Aquarium pictures below!

1 comment: